How to Apply Face Cream
The reason we apply face cream is to keep our skin fresh, healthy, moist and beautiful looking. Face cream is to be applied in small amounts and not in large quantities which is simply a waste. In the case of face cream it is not the quantity that counts it is the quality.
Start applying small quantities and increase from there until you have determined the correct amount to use on your skin. Facial beauty care products should be applied correctly and sparingly. (see "how to apply face cream" instructions below). Often application of one facial cream is followed by one or two additional products depending on your needs, such as Facial cleaner, a facial toner/serum then a moisturizer.
How do face creams work?
Face creams cover and protect the skin with an oily layer preventing the cells from drying out.
The correct way to apply face cream
- Put a small amount of face cream on your fingers and apply it on the face.
- Start with the middle portion of the face and massage the cream slowly upwards.
- Apply cream on the middle of the forehead and massage from the inward corners of the eyebrows, outwards. From the mid-point of the eyebrows move down below the eyes with a circular motion
- Massage the nose from its upper part downwards and then to nostrils, from nostrils to the temples.
- Apply cream on the upper lip and move towards the cheeks.
- Apply cream below the lower lip and move down till you reach below the chin.
(The same application principles apply for any serum, lotion, hand, face or neck cream).
- In the end, apply cream below the chin and massage downwards .
When applying, always massage face cream in well.
Always clean your skin at night before retiring to bed.